The thing about travelling is that once you start, you don't want to stop. This time last year I was up on a place en route to Tokyo, Japan pondering the thought of seeing Harajuku, not knowing I'd inadvertently run into LeBron James as he was shopping in Harjuku (cole's notes version: LeBron = FREAKING TALL; little Japanese boys = scared out of their minds). Alas, since I cannot get up and fly out cause of that pesky thing called a job, I decided to do the next best thing: SEE TORONTO!
It's quite sad really, the fact I don't know much about the place. I was born there and spent my formative years there yet I don't know all about the little jewels that are sprinkled across the city. In recent years, I've gotten to know Yorkville but that's because I worked in the area for a while and I know Queen Street fairly well because it was a regular jaunt for that "BIG ADVENTURE" going across Steeles St. into Toronto-land. But Little India? Sari, never been there. Greek Town? I haven't been as much as I Opa too. (Ok, I'll stop with the puns.) Chinatown does not count because what Asian kid, Chinese or otherwise HASN'T been to Chinatown? Even a white-washed Filipino person like myself has been there.
So me and a mini-contingent of Toronto-deficient locals are going on a Grayline tour tomorrow. I don't know what will happen but I'm hoping it'll be fun. And yes, my travel peep Cameron will be along for the ride. Pictures to come...
CA
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment